We are looking for licensed Truck Drivers who will be responsible for the safe and timely delivery of goods and other articles of trade to our customers. You will be tasked with driving and maintaining trucks that will be assigned to you, as well as working closely with our team of dispatchers in order to plan routes and track deliveries.
A Class A CDL or commercial driver license is required. Successful candidates must have a clean driving record and must pass a drug and alcohol test.
- Drive long distances to deliver goods to customers.
- Load and unload cargo.
- Record cargo deliveries.
- Refuel and clean vehicle.
- Report road incidents to the dispatcher.
- Follow traffic laws.
- Inspect trucks and record issues.
- Follow accident procedures.
- Keep an activities log and log hours.
- Report mechanical problems to maintenance personnel.
- Plan routes using GPS system.
- Get goods to the client on time.
- Maintain a positive attitude with customers.
- Keep commercial driver license up to date.
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
– Driver’s License (Class 1 or A)
– Air Brakes Endorsement
– Accident or incident reports
– Trip reports
– Maintenance and repair reports
– Inspection report (pre-trip, en-route, post-trip)
– Dangerous goods occurrence reports
– Driver logbook
– Bill of lading
Communication Systems Experience
– Operate GPS (Global Positioning System) and other navigation equipment
– Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
– Perform emergency roadside repairs
– Load and unload goods
– Receive and relay information to central dispatch
– Operate and drive straight or articulated trucks to transport goods and materials
– Drive as part of a two-person team or convoy
– Oversee condition of vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes, cold storage and other equipment
– Record cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel consumption
– Perform pre-trip, en route and post-trip inspection and oversee all aspects of vehicle
Security and Safety
– Driving record check (abstract)
– Criminal record check
– Willing to travel cross-border
– Valid driver’s licence
– Drive manual transmission vehicle
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
– Repetitive tasks
– Physically demanding
– Attention to detail
Type of Trucking and Equipment
– Dry bulk
– Effective interpersonal skills
– Team player
– Excellent oral communication
– Excellent written communication
- Class A CDL or commercial driver license.
- Current TWIC card.
- Must pass drug and alcohol test.
- Must have clean driving record.
- Must provide current MVR.
- Must provide a medical certificate.
- High school diploma.
How to apply
212-541 5th Ave N
Candid Trucking Incorporated