Caleb Village in Tisdale is seeking a part time dining room supervisor, starting immediately. Both daytime and evening shifts are required for this position. Duties include, but are not limited to, preparation of dining areas, serving residents, and after meal clean up. Applicants must provide a valid, up to date criminal record check, as well as complete a WHIMIS certification course. Experience in customer service is considered and asset, but training can be given to the right individual. We offer competitive wages and benefits package after a probationary period.
We are looking for skilled Dining Room Servers to take orders and deliver food and beverages to our customers.
The right Dining Room Server uplifts the dining experience for customers. We are looking for someone who will have the patience, personality and perseverance to thrive in this role.
Dining Room Server responsibilities include greeting and serving customers, providing detailed information on menus, multi-tasking various front-of-the-house duties and collecting the bill. If you are able to perform well in fast-paced environments, we’d like to meet you. To be a successful Waiter or Waitress, you should be polite with our customers and make sure they enjoy their meals. You should also be a team player and be able to effectively communicate with our Kitchen Staff to make sure orders are accurate and delivered promptly.
Keep in mind that Dining Room Server duties may require working in shifts and/or occasionally during weekends and holidays.
Ultimately, it is the duty of our Waiters/Waitresses to provide an excellent overall dining experience for our guests.
- Greet and escort customers to their tables
- Present menu and provide detailed information when asked (e.g. about portions, ingredients or potential food allergies)
- Prepare tables by setting up linens, silverware and glasses
- Inform customers about the day’s specials
- Offer menu recommendations upon request
- Up-sell additional products when appropriate
- Take accurate food and drinks orders, using a POS ordering software,order slips or by memorization
- Check customers’ IDs to ensure they meet minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages
- Communicate order details to the Kitchen Staff
- Serve food and drink orders
- Check dishes and kitchenware for cleanliness and presentation and report any problems
- Arrange table settings and maintain a tidy dining area
- Deliver checks and collect bill payments
- Carry dirty plates, glasses and silverware to kitchen for cleaning
- Meet with restaurant staff to review daily specials, changes on the menu and service specifications for reservations (e.g. parties)
- Follow all relevant health department regulations
- Provide excellent customer service to guests
- Proven work experience as a Waiter or Waitress
- Hands-on experience with cash register and ordering information system (e.g. Revel POS or Toast POS)
- Basic math skills
- Attentiveness and patience for customers
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills, with the ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment
- Active listening and effective communication skills
- Team spirit
- Flexibility to work in shifts
- High school diploma; food safety training is a plus
Caleb Village Tisdale