Do you want to be a part of the team bringing Meridians innovations to life? We are currently seeking a full-time permanent Labourer to assist with specialized construction and installation.
Who We Are
Meridian is a real estate developer and multi-award winning residential and commercial construction company that designs and creates beautiful spaces. Our projects incorporate modern and unique architectural features and sustainable building practices with careful attention to detail. A Meridian project checks all the boxes for comfort, style, luxury, efficiency and sustainability.
We are a busy construction firm and are always hiring dedicated Construction Laborers to join our team. You will be responsible for operating and maintaining various machines, load and unload frequently heavy materials, and follow directions from supervisors and other skilled tradesmen. To do well in this role you should be physically fit, reliable, and be a hard worker.
- Operate and care for construction equipment and machines.
- Help equipment operator, carpenters, and other skilled labor when necessary.
- Prep construction sites by cleaning obstacles and hazards.
- Load or unload construction materials.
- Put together and take apart temporary structures, such as scaffolding.
- Remove, fill, or compact earth.
- Follow instructions from supervisors.
- Assist craft workers.
- Ready to learn from on-the-job training when necessary.
- Perform site clean-up.
What Youll Be Doing
As a laborer you will complete tasks as assigned by the Lead Foreman, Site Supervisor or Site Superintendent. Such labor may include from time to time lifting heavy loads, using hand tools and assisting with loading/unloading of deliveries. You will always be required to follow Meridians safety program while working on site.
How You’ll Succeed
You are hard-working and have an interest in the construction industry. You can multi-task and shift focus multiple times in a day. You are conscientious of the safety of yourself and others while working. You have a keen desire to learn.
What You’ll Need
Valid drivers license
Steel toed boots
Good communication skills
Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
Previous hands-on experience in the construction industry an asset
Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- High school diploma.
- Ability to do physical labor and other strenuous physical tasks.
- Ability to work in all weather.
- Workers must be punctual and reliable.
- Must have experience as a general laborer in the construction industry.
Meridian Development Corp.
Thank you for your interest in joining our team. Please note only those selected for interviews will be contacted.