We are looking for physically fit candidates with good attention to detail for the position of Truck Mechanics. The primary duties of a Diesel Mechanic include performing diagnostic tests on diesel vehicles to find faults, analyzing diagnostic test results and repairing or replacing engine, steering, transmission, braking or lighting system components.
Truck Mechanics need to be highly organized and communicate effectively, as they will be expected to maintain detailed records of serviced vehicles and interact with customers on a daily basis.
- Running diagnostic tests on vehicles.
- Analyzing diagnostic test results.
- Replacing vehicle engines, steering mechanisms, transmissions and braking systems.
- Checking vehicle lighting systems.
- Test driving vehicles to gauge performance.
- Performing preventative maintenance on service trucks.
- Maintaining detailed records of serviced vehicles.
- Adhering to an inspection procedure checklist.
- Maintaining a parts inventory.
- Ensuring the cleanliness of the shop.
- Degree or Diploma in Mechanical or Automotive Engineering.
- ASE Diesel Certification advantageous.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Aptitude for mathematics and science.
- Advanced knowledge of diesel engine components.
- Good IT and diagnostic skills.
- Physically fit and able to lift up to 150 pounds.
- Proficiency with maintenance and repair tools.
- Attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Good organizational skills.
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
– Truck and Transport Mechanic Trade Certification
– Steel-toed safety boots
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
– Fast-paced environment
– Manual dexterity
– Attention to detail
– Team player
Truck and Transport and Truck-Trailer Mechanic Specific Skills
– Adjust, repair or replace parts and components of commercial transport truck systems
– Adjust, repair or replace parts and components of truck-trailer systems
How to apply
3935 ARTHUR ROSE AVE suite 20