101207482 Saskatchewan Ltd. O/A Passion Salon & Spa, located at 113 – 2001 Cornwall St, Regina, SK is looking for two (2) Hairstylists. Applicants to have a certificate or diploma in hairdressing and styling or equivalent experience. Pay will be $18 – $20 per hour, depending on experience and proficiency in hair styling. Person is expected to be fluent in English language to communicate with the patrons. This is a full-time job position. We will also consider candidates who wish to work part-time for this position.
We are looking for Hair Stylists to create flawless haircuts and hairstyles for our customers.
Hair Stylist responsibilities include cutting hair using basic and advanced techniques, consulting customers about styles and colors and applying hair care products, like treatment oils and masks. If you have experience cutting short and long hair and are up-to-date with styling trends, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you will ensure all customers leave our salon satisfied with our services and feel happy with their new looks.
- Welcome customers and identify their preferences by asking pointed questions
- Recommend hairstyles and haircuts according to customers’ face shapes and tastes
- Wash, rinse and dry clients’ hair using appropriate shampoos and conditioners (e.g. for oily hair or dry scalp)
- Cut, trim and shave hair using professional equipment
- Apply a wide range of hair coloring techniques, like highlights, ombre and balayage
- Create hairstyles for formal events and everyday looks, including braids, ponytails and buns
- Apply hair treatment products, as needed (e.g. color protection creams and hydrating masks)
- Form bonds with loyal customers and remember their hairstyle preferences
- Manage bookings and serve walk-ins
- Ensure tidiness of beauty stations and sterilize tools, as needed
- Cross-sell hair care products or services, when appropriate
- Work experience as a Hair Stylist, Hairdresser, Colorist or similar role
- Proficiency in hair straightening and curling methods, using hot irons and curlers
- Hands-on experience with various coloring techniques
- Knowledge of a wide range of haircuts, suitable for all hair lengths (e.g. braids and top knots)
- Familiarity with hair treatment products and services, like keratin smoothing
- Up-to-date with industry trends
- Excellent communication skills
- Physical stamina to stand for long hours
- Flexibility to work in shifts
- Valid license from a cosmetology school