Home Hardware is a nationally renowned, Canadian-owned business, with a focus on a high level of customer service. Our location on Central Avenue in Saskatoon is looking for a sales associate who has good customer service and communication skills. General hardware knowledge would also be an asset.
In a typical day, a sales associate will help customers find items in the store and through the POS system, assist customers in solving hardware problems, and do general merchandising tasks such as cleaning and organizing. Once a week, we receive deliveries, and staff help with unloading the truck and stocking shelves.
We are looking for a result-driven retail Sales Associates to be responsible for all sales job duties, from generating leads to closing sales.
What is a Sales Associate – What does he/she do?
Sales Associate Duties and responsibilities include working closely with customers to determine their needs, answer their questions about our products, and recommend the right solutions. You should also be able to promptly resolve customer complaints and ensure maximum client satisfaction. To be successful as a Sales Associate, you should stay up-to-date with product features and maintain our store’s visual appearance in high standards.
Ultimately, the duties of a Sales Associate are to achieve excellent customer service, while consistently meeting the store’s sales goals.
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction through excellent sales service
- Assess customers needs and provide assistance and information on product features
- Welcome customers to the store and answer their queries
- Follow and achieve department’s sales goals on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis
- “Go the extra mile” to drive sales
- Maintain in-stock and presentable condition assigned areas
- Actively seek out customers in store
- Remain knowledgeable on products offered and discuss available options
- Process POS (point of sale) purchases
- Cross-sell products
- Handle returns of merchandise
- Team up with co-workers to ensure proper customer service
- Build productive trust relationships with customers
- Comply with inventory control procedures
- Suggest ways to improve sales (e.g. planning marketing activities, changing the store’s design)
Sales Associate skills
- Proven work experience as a Retail Sales Associate, Sales Representative or similar role
- Basic understanding of sales principles and customer service practices
- Proficiency in English
- Basic Math skills
- Working knowledge of customer and market dynamics and requirements
- Track record of over-achieving sales quota
- Hands-on experience with POS transactions
- Familiarity with inventory procedures
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- A friendly and energetic personality with customer service focus
- Ability to perform under pressure and address complaints in a timely manner
- Availability to work flexible shifts
- High school degree; BS degree in Marketing or related field would be a plus
Home Hardware (Central Ave)
916 CENTRAL AVE