Potzus Ltd. is one of Saskatchewan’s largest construction companies. Established in 1966, we are a second-generation family-owned and operated business. We provide top quality work to the Government of Saskatchewan, various municipalities, First Nations and the private sector. Day to day operations include excavation, earthmoving, site development, aggregate production, and paving.
We are looking to hire a dedicated and observant Flagger to monitor the flow of traffic around road construction sites. The Flagger’s responsibilities include informing motorists of possible detour routes, reporting disobedient drivers to law enforcement officials, and answering motorists’ questions. You should also be able to direct emergency vehicles safely through construction zones as required.
To be successful as a Flagger, you should have excellent communication skills and be able to work effectively as part of a team. Ultimately, a top-notch Flagger should demonstrate sound knowledge of state traffic regulations as well as exceptional observation skills.
We are currently hiring for flagpersons for road construction in the Yorkton area for the remainder of the 2020 season. Flagging experience is an asset but training can be provided to the right candidate. Must be willing to work as a laborer when needed. Road construction and paving in the Yorkton area will be requiring multiple flagpersons for traffic control. Must be able to provide your own transportation to job sites located on Hwy 9/10.
- Using hand signals and direction signs to direct traffic around road construction sites.
- Communicating with other flaggers using hand-held radios to direct two-way traffic onto a single lane.
- Informing the construction crew of any traffic issues that may affect their safety.
- Appropriately positioning warning and detour signs around construction sites.
- Setting up barricades and traffic cones along construction sites to cordon off certain areas.
- Removing all signs, barricades, and traffic cones upon completion of construction work.
- Assisting the construction crew in the removal of rubble, debris, and hazardous materials.
- Recording the license plate numbers of motorists who neglect to obey traffic signs and directions.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Certification through the American Traffic Safety Services Association (ATSSA).
- Proven experience working as a Flagger.
- Sound knowledge of state traffic regulations.
- The ability to stand for extended periods.
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- The ability to work in harsh weather conditions.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional observation skills.
- Effective communication skills.
– Own transportation
– Own vehicle
– Valid driver’s licence
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
– Not required
– Traffic Control Person (TCP) Certification
– Traffic Control Signage (TWS) Certification
– Direct traffic at or near construction sites
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
– Repetitive tasks
– Physically demanding
– Steel-toed safety boots
– Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
Type of Construction
– Roads and bridges
Work Site Environment
Potzus Paving & Road Maintenance Ltd.