A competitive automotive dealership is currently looking for an experienced Automotive Technician to grow with its thriving dealership. The successful candidate will be a motivated, customer-focused, and results-driven individual.
Our company is expanding rapidly and we are looking to hire an Automotive Technician to join our team. You should have demonstrated experience as an auto mechanic on cars and light trucks along with an ASE certificate. You will be responsible for diagnosing, maintaining, and repairing customer vehicles.
- Perform maintenance and repair on customer vehicles.
- Identify problems with vehicles using the diagnostic equipment.
- Explain automotive repairs and issues and provide great customer service.
- Plan repair procedures using charts manuals and experience.
- Test the functionality of parts and systems
- Perform basic auto care and maintenance tasks such as oil changes, fluid level checks, and tire rotation.
- Repair and replace brake pads, wheel bearings, sensors and other parts.
- Perform routine maintenance and general mechanic work on vehicles.
- Prepared to get additional certification as needed.
- Willingness to learn with hands-on training.
- Help keep repair shop clean and organized.
- Keep a professional appearance.
- Automotive and engine repair experience or auto mechanic training required.
- ASE certifications required.
- Hold a valid driver license.
- Graduated from an associate degree program in auto maintenance and repair.
- Ability to maintain a professional appearance and provide friendly customer service.
- Must read, interpret and transcribe data in order to maintain accurate records.
- Perform routine maintenance and other tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- May lift objects that weigh as much as 50 lbs.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience as a lube technician, or prepared to do on-the-job training.
- Understanding of automotive air-conditioning systems.
- Ability to use the diagnostic equipment.
- Experience with heavy equipment and as a diesel mechanic, diesel engine knowledge, or prepared to do on-the-job training.
- Good hand-eye coordination.
Automotive Service Technician Specific Skills
– Advise customers on work performed and future repair requirements
– Adjust, repair or replace parts and components of automotive systems
– Perform scheduled maintenance service
– Road test motor vehicles and test automotive systems and components
– Test and adjust repaired systems to manufacturer’s specifications
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
– Fast-paced environment
We offer competitive compensation, group benefits package, and believe that our strongest resources are our team of professionals. If you feel you have what it takes to join our team then apply today!