As the public face of the company the Sales Associate is responsible for dealing with any and all customer questions about the products and services the company offers. A Sales Associate is expected to be continuously updating their knowledge of the company products, services, and policies.
Complaint handling is a critical part of this position. Turning a frustrated customer into a happy customer, while adhering to company policies, requires a combination of empathy and tact.
Another key responsibility is maintaining the presentation of the sales floor, products, signage, and displays.
- Greeting customers, responding to questions, improving engagement with merchandise and providing outstanding customer service.
- Operating cash registers, managing financial transactions, and balancing drawers.
- Achieving established goals.
- Directing customers to merchandise within the store.
- Increasing in store sales.
- Superior product knowledge.
- Maintaining an orderly appearance throughout the sales floor.
- Introducing promotions and opportunities to customers.
- Cross-selling products to increase purchase amounts.
- An Associate’s degree or high school diploma.
- Retail sales experience.
- A professional appearance.
- Maintain a positive attitude and focus on customer satisfaction in a fast-paced environment.
- The ability to read, write, and perform basic math.
- The ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
or equivalent experience
- Experience an asset
- Specific Skills
- Operate cash register; Provide advice about merchandise; Conduct sales transactions through Internet-based electronic commerce; Greet customers and discuss type, quality and quantity of merchandise or services sought for purchase, rental or lease; Prepare merchandise for purchase, rental or lease; Prepare sales, rental or leasing contracts and accept cash, cheque, credit card or automatic debit payment; Maintain sales records for inventory control; Assist in display of merchandise
- Work Setting
- Specialty shop
- Personal Suitability
- Flexibility; Team player; Dependability; Reliability; Organized; Efficiency; Energetic; Goal-oriented; Hardworking; Outgoing; Positive attitude; Quick learner; Time management
How to apply
Application Closing Date