COME JOIN THE MAPLE LEAF FAMILY!
Every day at Maple Leaf our team proves over and over again that extraordinary people, who are totally passionate about what they do, can build a winning company.
Maple Leaf Foods is currently looking for enthusiastic full-time associates for our state of the art meat processing and packaging plant.
We are searching for an innovative Production Technicians to join our team and ensure quality products are delivered on time. The Production Technician’s responsibilities will include supervising the control processes, performing various tests on products, writing up reports, diagnosing and resolving problems with products, methods, and equipment, and providing training and general support to the engineering team.
To be a successful Production Technician, you should display great attention to detail and a sound understanding of what makes a good product. Top-notch candidates are able to identify problems in a product and make clear recommendations to workers on the assembly line.
- Ensuring the required materials are available for production, and that the factory is safe for all workers.
- Inspecting machinery and reporting any faults to management and workers.
- Identifying faults and troubleshooting wherever possible.
- Analyzing performance and products, then making suitable recommendations.
- Scheduling training sessions and refresher workshops as required.
- Establishing high-quality standards and ensuring they are implemented by workers.
- Regularly educating staff members on health and safety regulations.
- Implementing preventative maintenance methods.
- Staying up-to-date with efficient methods of production and equipment maintenance procedures.
- High school diploma or similar.
- Knowledge of production required.
- Experience in manufacturing would be advantageous.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Good powers of observation.
- Analytical thinking skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to provide training.
- A positive attitude and willingness to work overtime when required.
- Transport raw materials, finished products and equipment
- Sort, pack, crate and package materials and products
- Perform other laboring and elemental activities
- Clean Work Areas And Equipment
- Check And Weigh Materials And Products
- Assist machine operators, assemblers and other workers
- Packaging company
- Fast-paced environment
- Repetitive tasks
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Manual dexterity
- Attention to detail
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Standing for extended periods
- Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
Maple Leaf Foods Inc.
100 MCLEOD AVE
Maple Leaf Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We thank all those who apply; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.